Android 5 is still in global circulation, and some devices like Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Moto G have already got updated to 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 in some devices.
But the Lollipop update wasn’t much easy, it came up with tonnes of issues, bugs in the begining, causing delay in the initial release and later, when it came, it did created lot of problem to users like battery drain, wifi issues. Many users went back downgrading to Android Kitkat.
So, Google is about to release a new update ver. 5.1, which will fix major issues, various bugs and little malfunctions in the OS, memory management. There may be some enhancement in the Material Design UI.
The update is expected to start rolling out in February 2015.
The upcoming update may include fixes for issues like:
- Adding Silent mode to devices, which was removed in Android Lollipop initial release
- Improvements in system stability, Memory Management
- App crash issues
- Improved battery backup
- Issues related to Network consumption and Wifi fix
- Fixes with “OK Google” voice assistant
- Fix for the Recent Apps screen
- Notifications problems solved – as in Lollipop notifications were getting delayed
- Other improvements and changes
- Minor changes in Material Design UI