In today’s technology-driven world, mobile phones have become one of the most important items in our lives. Gone are the days when we used these devices to connect with people. Smartphones are now being used for business purposes as well. Any loss or theft of these devices can significantly affect our lives. This is where mobile phone insurance comes into play.
With the help of the various insurance policies that are currently available in the market, you always have the guarantee to keep your device and, most importantly, all your data stored in the device safe and secure from the hands of miscreants. Let us understand what mobile phone insurance is, its advantages, and various available policies.
What is Mobile Phone Insurance?
Mobile phone insurance is an insurance policy that covers not only the loss of your device but also the damages suffered by the phone. Although this might look quite simple at first glance, various features come with different mobile insurance policies. Therefore, to select the best and most affordable policy, you must thoroughly examine all the details before finally purchasing one.
Here are a few basic things that are usually covered under most mobile insurance plans.
• Internal damage to the device
• Damage due to fire
• Device theft
Some of the exclusions that are usually not covered under mobile insurance policies include,
• Electronic or mechanical breakdown
• Damage caused by a third party other than the owner of the phone]
• Damage caused due to malicious or wilful acts,
• Damage caused while repairing or cleaning the device.
Why do you need Mobile Phone Insurance?
Smartphones are electronic devices; therefore, they are always prone to software failures, which can seriously hamper our everyday lives. Mobile phone insurance is no longer a wish but has become necessary today. If you, too, cannot think of spending a single day without your ‘best friend,’ i.e., your phone, then getting mobile phone insurance is of utmost importance. Below are some of the top advantages you can derive from mobile insurance policies.
• In cases where your phone gets stolen or damaged, you have the opportunity to get a replacement instead of downgrading to a lesser advanced model. However, not all policies might provide this feature; therefore, you need to check all the details thoroughly before purchasing mobile phone insurance.
• For those who have recently invested in an expensive smartphone, and want to safeguard the sam from theft or damage, mobile phone insurance, is the best way to ensure.
• If you are among the group of people, who have a rich history of losing or accidentally breaking their valuable phones, then purchasing mobile phone insurance can turn out to be a smart decision.
• Last but definitely not least, people who tend to use their devices for both personal and business purposes can benefit from purchasing mobile phone insurance, by getting an immediate replacement, instead of waiting for days or weeks to get their phones repaired or buying a new one.
Top Mobile Insurance Providers
Here is a list of some of the top mobile insurance providers currently available in India. You will also get to learn some of the top features provided by these said companies.
• OneAssist – The first one to make it to the list of top mobile insurance providers is none other than OneAssist. OneAssist ensures the protection of everyday use electronic items such as mobile phones, tablets, and home appliances, among others. What’s more? You also get to enjoy 100 % cashless repairs, provided you meet certain criteria, and free pick-up and delivery facilities for your mobile phones. Other than these, OneAssist also offers 100% original spare parts in cases of repairs.
• Times Global Insurance- Times Global Insurance is yet another very popular mobile insurance provider currently available in the Indian market. It offers protection against liquid damage, malfunctioning, screen damage, and theft of the device. For more information, you can always check out their official website. However, remember to go through every detail carefully before you make your decision.
• Home Credit- With the help of the Mobile Protection Plan by Home Credit, you not only get to enjoy free pick-up and delivery facilities for your smartphone, but they also provide you with a replacement cover of the same model in case you lose your phone.
• SyncScan- Last but not least, SyncScan is yet another affordable mobile insurance company that provides various facilities such as virus protection and cloud backup, among others. What’s more? They also help you recover all the personal data stored in your lost device.
Mobile insurance has become an important add-on to have when getting a phone. With so many high-end models being launched in the market, bearing the costs of repairing your device can seem quite difficult at times. Therefore, it is very crucial that you invest in an affordable yet effective mobile insurance plan.
Best Mobiles in India
published: Friday, February 24, 2023, 16:42 [IST]